For your storage needs
Outsource Your Sample Management To Improve Internal Resource Allocation And Reduce Your Overhead Costs with our Biorepository Services
Biorepository Services | Servicios de Almacenamiento CriogénicoAs a premiere, global provider of comprehensive sample management GeneCell International Biorepository provides you with affordable outsourced management of your clinical and scientific assets. We offer you highly qualified and validated storage equipment, resource experts and best-in-class sample management.
Free yourself from the burdens of maintaining, storing and monitoring your biological samples.
Avoid costly purchases of ultra-low temperature freezers, sample tracking/inventory systems, and layers of back-up systems
Enjoy peace-of-mind in the knowledge that your samples are safe, secure and readily available to you at GeneCell International Biorepository.
GeneCell International is a leading provider of adult stem cell processing, adult stem cell cryopreservation and banking, adult stem cell research and biorepositiry cell storage. Our aim is to provide our clients with the highest grade clinical and or research samples to maximize therapy outcomes and reproducibility in your research endeavors. The GeneCell International Biorepository was designed to facilitate safe handling, receipt, processing, storage, inventory control, packaging and distribution of biological specimens and reagents. Our biorepository is regulatory compliant and our services include:
- Receiving and processing biological specimens
- Long-term cryogenic storage of clinical and research samples
- Biorespository inventory management
- 24 hour temperature and alarm management
- Cold transport of samples from our facility
- Biorepository Services Description.
The storage equipment is housed in a secure, temperature controlled, and monitored facility. The security system monitors the facility as well as all of the storage equipment 24 hours a day 365 days a year. It is set up to report and call our Central Control Security System and our Lab Operation personnel to report any fluctuations beyond the set limits in temperature and liquid nitrogen levels. These alarms are responded to within 5 minutes of alarming.
In the event of a power-outage, we have a back-up generator to operate all the biorepository electrical systems. The back-up generator system has enough fuel on-hand to provide electricity to our facility.
We have an adequate supply of liquid nitrogen on-hand to maintain the freezers at the proper temperature without the need for re-supply.
The liquid nitrogen levels and temperature read-outs are manually monitored daily. Copies of the records can be made available to you.
Inventory Of Stored Biological Samples
GeneCell International offers inventory services of all samples stored at our facility for each client.
Initial inventory is either transferred to our inventory system or is directly entered into our system if it does not exist beforehand.
An inventory record for each sample is generated
The inventory record consists of the following:
- The project identification number
- Material type
- Amount of material if applicable
- Location in storage
- Transaction record (shipped, processed, received, etc.)
- GeneCell International Maintains SOPs for inventory control to ensure the validity and integrity of each sample.
- Database Management Of Inventory For Each Client
- All biorepository tasks including but not limited to sample receipt, storage, processing, testing, shipments, etc. are managed though our database.
- To store our clients’ invaluable stem cells, we use the best scientifically developed techniques in the area of cryopreservation.
- We use specialized cryogenic methods for the product you wish to store at our facilities. We use a controlled-rate freezing process to prepare the cells for long-term storage. This technique is very important for maintaining the viability of all stem cell products and for achieving the subsequent and necessary sustained cryogenic temperature in our cryogenic storage facility. Once the cells are brought to the optimum temperature, and placed in a the specialized cryogenic compartment, the cells then goes into the cryogenic storage tanks.
- Once the stem cells are properly and safely stored, you have control over their use and disposal. No stem cells can be released without your consent.
- Based on current research, stem cells can be successfully stored for 25 years in a cryopreserving storage. Although not enough years have passed to assert the maximum length of time viable stem cells can be stored with certainty, bone marrow, another similar source of cells, has been successfully stored for decades and has remained viable throughout that time.